Inferno WIP (Help?) Inferno WIP (Help?)

Needs a WAY more punchy kick. transition at 1:47 was just... not feeling it. I'd ABSOLUTELY LOVE to help you with this!

Check new :D

Aquatic Ambiance Remix Aquatic Ambiance Remix

The clap could definitely be better... the sound that starts a 1:28 could be a little more.. whimsical? it seems a bit TOO pronounced.

The feedback on the piano I think is just a hair too much. Not that the volume (size) of the delay is over the top, i just think it needs some low cutoff to smooth it out.

The strings should have some subs in there, the guitar at the beginning and end sort of adds that... maybe have a dedicated one and use a EQ to remove the low end of some of the guitar....

Everything else is perfect and I'd not change it for the world.

Zet Zet

Well, first 30 seconds and I'm liking the jump... oh wow. Jumpstyle for real there a bit.

I would fatten that saw up a bit. The Piano is taking the lead and also driving the song rather than the saw doing the driving.

Four on the floor at the end, with a downlifter for the ending. Pretty solid.

Other Notes:
Add some reverb to that crash! It just dies after it plays!
Try messing around with a lowpass filter. Its common in Jumpstyle/Hardstyle (well most electronic music afaik)

SpeTheof responds:

Thanks for the review mate! Actually i kind of started this as a Dance track and not a jumpstyle one, it just have this feel. The crash already has reverb, maybe it's not enough although i think it's alright and I just wanted to make it simple so no many low passes xD

Compromise Compromise

I can imagine this being a theatrical video game song. Very chiptune-y. Satisfying yet incomplete.
Definitely needs mastering, adjustments to volume levels and just some general cleaning up so the most prominent parts remain prominent without eating up the rest of the piece!

ryzikx responds:

The sub is pretty loud and the drums are soft, I know what you mean. I'm not that great at sound design, but whatever :/

Bebop Boogeyman (Preview) Bebop Boogeyman (Preview)

For what it is currently, excellent use of FX - although there are no transitions (or very much to transition into) it was very well done.

Ambient pads in the background and all the scratchy bass that makes DNB what it is in a generic sense were all there.

Only thing I think I heard wrong was the first drum pattern change. It seemed awkward and just sort of ambled onward. It's possible that will change when a melody or more other things to fill in the empty space comes into play.

I could see this becoming pretty good really fast.

TheDukesDepot responds:

I couldn't agree more about the drum pattern change thing. It seems quite odd to me to as well. Good to know the rest of it is sounding decent. ^^

Tetris Ultra Remix Tetris Ultra Remix

...Should be in the actual game as a secret unlockable for beating the game.

TastyTeo responds:

Haha

SpeTheof - Spendasman SpeTheof - Spendasman

It sounds VERY full! Nice use of vocal samples although the "Bitch" one was off i believe by a half measure

The accompaniment (Blade style synth) was very loud and I think could have used some sort of LFO or phaser to just add a little background to what was already very prominent.

Good stuff though!

TastyTeo responds:

thanks man

Shy lence Shy lence

I feel instead of a snare, a clap should have been used for this, with more hihats!
That lead is pretty effin awesome. Generally I hate that pitch bendy club crap but this one here is very melodic and not repeating the same 2-3 notes like usual.

the instrument for the bass i felt should have been just a straight sine on low octave to fill out the song more.

I'd say with a bit more touch, it could end up to be a pretty awesome club song with what I've said above and some fills added in there!

SpeTheof responds:

Thanks for the notes friend :D

Some Chords (A-Ok remix) Some Chords (A-Ok remix)

The kick is fairly weak for this kind of song. No if's ands or buts about it. other than that, percussion was on point. I liked the little snaps and tiddlybits that I heard.

I liked your variation of effects and pitch bends. A plethora of sounds met my ears here.

I noticed one issue though, it's kind of a big one unfortunately. At 3:31, the second and third note are off key and its very VERY noticeable (lasts until 4:01)

Other than what I said that was negative, good job. I'll be following your progress and listening for that deep bass and kick that I longed for so much in the piece!

Crimsonskies455 responds:

Thank you so much for the review! Might I ask what kind of sound equipment you are using for the review? I want to make sure the bassline can be heard throughout all the equipment so I am thinking I should remaster it and reupload the file.

The Pop The Pop

I like the progression, but I feel the main plucky synth was loud at times (0:23) in comparison to other parts (IE the beginning).

It didn't really overwhelm the overall sound and feel of the piece but definitely was a bit on the loud side. Also there seemed to be a lack of fills. The kicks just seemed to come and go and there wasn't very much power leading up to said moments.
Now I understand this is more of a chilled style that has more ambiance to it than dance, if I'm wrong let me know what you were going for.

Other than that, I enjoyed listening to it about 5 times while writing this review. I'll look around your profile for more things to review and you also get a follow from me!

Qvarcos responds:

Thanks for the review mate, well the main plucky synth had frequency bends at said places, It sounded right when I was making it. I agree on the beat part, I'm not good at making beats really. But then again I'd consider myself a beginner at music (even after 3 years, music isn't easy)